All the programmes of study offered by Academy of Animation & Gaming are from Karnataka State Open University.
The Karnataka State Open University (KSOU)
The Karnataka State Open University established on 1st June 1996 vide Karnataka Govt. Notification No. ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 – KSOU Act 1992 is considered to be a reputed Open University amongst the open learning institutions in the country. Keeping in view the educational needs of our country, in general, and state in particular the policies and programmes have been geared to cater to the needy.
KSOU is a Recognized University of UGC (University Grants Commission) -DEC (Distance Education Council) -New Delhi; a regular member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) -New Delhi; Permanent Member of Association of Commonwealth Universities- london, U.K and Asian Association of open Universities(AAOU)-Beijing, CHINA. KSOU is also Approved by Ministry of HRD and Government of India.
Karnataka State Open University is situated at the North–Western end of the Manasagangotri campus, Mysore. The campus, which is about 5 kms, from the city centre, has a serene atmosphere ideally suited for academic pursuits. The University houses at present the Administrative Office, Academic Block, Lecture Halls, a well-equipped Library, Guest House Cottages, a Moderate Canteen, Girls Hostel and a few cottages providing limited accommodation to students coming to Mysore for attending the Contact Programmes or Term-end examinations.
The Open-Distance-Learning (ODL) system is a unique and challenging mode of education offered at the University level. This system provides ample opportunities for those who desire to have University education at their place of work or residence. This method is popularly known as Distance Education. It is perhaps the only way to meet the ever-increasing demand for Higher Education especially in a developing country like India. Distance Education programmes are specially designed for:
- Candidates who discontinue their formal education owing to pecuniary or other circumstances
- Candidates residing in geographically remote areas
- Candidates who cannot get admission to a regular college / Post-graduate department
- Employed persons who cannot pursue their study as full-time candidates
- Individuals who wish to pursue learning for knowledge sake
- Candidates who wish to update knowledge and skills
The Open-Distance-Learning (ODL) system is perhaps the only system that has been planned in such a way that it is able to cater to all those who desire to seek Higher Education in spite of the fact that they are in a disadvantageous position due to social, economic, spatial and such other reasons. Also to cater to the increasing demand for Higher Education, flexibilities in terms of age, qualification, location, time, etc., have been introduced to the maximum extent.
Objectives of KSOU
- Democratizing Higher Education by taking it to the doorsteps of the learners.
- Providing access to high quality education to all those who seek it, irrespective of age, region or formal qualifications.
- Offering need – based academic Programmes by giving professional and vocational orientation to the programme.
- Promoting and developing distance education in India.
- Relaxed entry regulations.
- Providing opportunities to study according to one’s own pace and convenience.
- Flexibility in choosing the combination of courses from a wide range of disciplines.
- Providing opportunity to study from one’s own choosen place and pace.